Learn about the best trailer brake controller available for your pickup truck.
Are you looking for the most advanced electric trailer brake control? When shopping for a trailer brake controller the most important thing to know is that they all have true proportional braking. This means you want all the wheels to stop proportionately at the same time so your braking is smooth and any weight is evenly distributed.
Things to compare when shopping for a Trailer Brake Controller:
- First you want to find a price you can afford
- Easy to use
- Easy to hook up (Most have a four wire hook up)
- Range of setting’s and is compatible with most any vehicle.
- Minimizes interference with tow vehicle electrical systems
Electric Brake Controller
So let’s see what are the company leaders in this trailer brake industry.
- Tekonsha and is the best value you will find for smooth and secure trailer braking. It is compact size and features, like a bicolored LED brake monitor (to assure a complete connection to trailer brakes and give an indication of relative braking power being applied) make the Voyager.
- Reese is a Midwest based, family owned business that specializes in trailer hitches and towing products for Pickup trucks. One of the best things about the Reese company is that it excellently shows you how to choose the right hitch online.
Best Features of a Trailer Brake Controller
- Storable setting options for pulling different trailers or preferences of multiple drivers.
- Easy-to-read LCD display with multiple screen color options.
- Easy to understand diagnostics show output current, battery, brake, and output voltage
- System alerts user to No Trailer Brake flashing red warning system
- Ability to select electric over hydraulic or electric trailer brake mod
- Screen information displayed in a language of your choice. – English, French or Spanish.
- Different levels of customized braking
- Compact design and easy button display